TURBO DRAIN EXTENSIONS
Turbosmart’s billet turbo oil drains offer a reliable and simple solution to prevent oil leaks at the turbo oil drain, improving safety.
TURBO DRAIN ADAPTERS
Turbosmart’s billet turbo oil feed flange adapters offer a reliable and simple solution to prevent oil leaks at the turbo oil drain, improving safety.
Why Should You Invest In A Turbosmart Drain Extension And Adapter?
Turbochargers are designed and built for high performance in hostile environments, so you always need to be on the lookout for preventative measures to avoid damage. That’s why it’s essential to invest in a high-quality drain extension and adapter. At GameOn Motorsports, we’re passionate about turbocharged engines, and we’re experts in high-performance products. We swear by Turbosmart parts for quality, durability, and innovation, so we know Turbosmart’s range of drain extensions and adapters are some of the best on the market.
Common Causes Of Turbocharger Issues
At GameOn Motorsports, we deal with turbochargers almost every day, and our qualified mechanics and tradespeople have identified some common yet avoidable issues.
- Inadequate air inlets and air filters. A turbocharger needs to be able to pull air in freely, so inlets and filters must be of the correct size.
- Crankcase pressure. Pressurised crankcases will also pressurise the turbocharger’s oil drainage. If oil drainage is compromised, it can create potentially dangerous leaks.
- Inefficient oil drainage. Without proper drainage, oil can build up and puddle, causing oil to bypass the seals into housings. Once the oil has entered the exhaust housing, that’s when smoking issues occur. Fortunately, you can buy Turbosmart oil drainage parts with GameOn Motorsports.
The Do’s And Don’ts Of Oil Draining
Inadequate oil drainage is one of the most common causes of leaks and smoking in a turbocharger, so you must get your oil drainage correct. Here are a few dos and don’ts of oil drainage.
- Do: Drain oil at a maximum angle of 15 degrees. If you exceed this, the angle will be too great, and the oil will puddle rather than drain.
- Don’t: Use fittings that have restrictive tight radius bends. You want to prevent oil build-up wherever you can, so try to use parts that don’t have tight bends.
- Do: Make sure the threads match the adapter. The last thing you want is to buy an extension that doesn’t connect with the flange. If you’re unsure as to which is best for you, ask one of the friendly team at GameOn Motorsports.
- Don’t: Get a drain that’s too small. If your oil drainage system is too small, it won’t drain efficiently, and oil will then back up inside the cartridge and may leak through the seals.
How To Choose The Right Turbosmart Extension And Adapter For Your Car
If you’re considering setting up an oil drainage system for your turbocharger, here are a few tips to picking the right parts every time.
- Choose high-quality parts. Your turbocharger is an investment in itself, so why would you use inferior quality parts? At GameOn Motorsports, we recommend our Turbosmart drain extensions and adapters.
- Look at the speed of your oil drain. You need to pick an extension and adaptor to suit the rate of drainage in your turbocharger. Check out GameOn Motorsport’s range of Turbosmart parts, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, let us know so we can source the right parts for you.
- Ask the experts. It’s okay if you don’t know everything there is to know about oil drainage for your turbocharger. That’s what we’re here for. Our qualified mechanics and tradespeople are more than happy to provide you with advice, tips, and tricks for maximising the performance of your turbocharger. We’ll answer any questions you may have and help you find the perfect Turbosmart parts.
For Anything Turbosmart, Head To Game On Motorsports Today
Since 2009, the GameOn Motorsports team has been stocking the broadest range of premium car parts and providing the best quality mechanical services to each of our customers. While we pride ourselves on our professionalism, our product knowledge, and our brilliant results, the thing that sets us apart is our genuine passion for cars. We started GameOn Motorsports as a hobby, and our commitment has seen it quickly grow into a leading workshop with a team of qualified tradespeople and excellent salespeople. When you come to GameOn Motorsports with a vehicle issue, we can guarantee we’ll help you tackle it as though it were our own. If you’re interested in checking out our range of Turbosmart parts, head to our website today or pop into the workshop for a chat.