Things You Should Know Before Buying Turbosmart Parts
The name ‘Turbosmart’ has become synonymous with excellence in the performance car industry. Whether you’re looking for fuel management systems, blow off valves, or hoses and clamps, Turbosmart has a range of products that will enhance your vehicle’s performance. At GameOn Motorsports, we’re big fans of Turbosmart products, and we’re here to let you in on why they’re one of our favourite high-performance car parts manufacturers.
Why Do We Love Turbosmart Parts?
There are so many reasons to love Turbosmart parts, but we’ve narrowed it down to just a few.
- They’re just as passionate about cars as we are. Since the 1990s, Turbosmart has been manufacturing parts for high-performance vehicles. They built their business from a sheer passion for racing, something the team at GameOn Motorsports can relate to.
- Turbosmart products are of the highest quality. Turbosmart can design, build, and test their products in-house, so every innovation they release is reliable, durable, and of premium quality.
- They’re versatile. One of our favourite things about Turbosmart parts is their versatility. Each product is designed so drivers can use them both on the track and the street.
- Turbosmart is renowned internationally. Turbosmart parts aren’t just an Australian favourite. All over the world, they are the brand of choice for high-performance accessories for forced induction vehicles.
What You Need To Know About Your Car Before Buying Turbosmart Parts
If you’re confused as to which wastegate, blow off valve, or fuel pressure regulator is right for your vehicle, there are a few pieces of information you can bring to the GameOn Motorsports team that will help us find the right Turbosmart parts for you.
- Your engine size. If you have a rotary engine, we need to know it’s true capacity, so make sure you figure that out before looking for parts.
- Engine type. Check to see whether you have a rotary engine or a piston engine.
- Camshaft. We need to know how aggressive your camshaft profile is so we can pick the right BOV spring.
- Fuel type. Whether your car runs on diesel, gasoline, or ethanol, we need to know so we can choose the right Turbosmart parts for you.
- Maximum power. As the name suggests, this is the maximum power you want to make.
- Minimum power. We need to know this so we can figure out which wastegate is the best for your vehicle.
- Your max RPM. The more RPMs, the better your wastegate flow needs to be.
- Turbo quantity. How many turbochargers do you plan on using?
- Supercharged. Let us know whether your car is supercharged or not so we can pick parts accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions About Turbosmart Parts
Turbosmart is a popular brand among our customers, so we tend to hear a few more questions than others. If you have a question about Turbosmart parts, see if it’s listed below. If not, don’t hesitate to reach out and have a chat with the GameOn Motorsports team today.
- Is there a warranty for Turbosmart parts?
- All our parts have a warranty, and the length of the warranty changes depending on the part. However, if the part is physically altered or improperly installed, the warranty is void. If you’re unsure how to install your new Turbosmart parts, book your car into the workshop and let the team at GameOn Motorsports take care of it for you.
- Is an electric boost controller better than a manual boost controller?
- Electric boost controllers have more adjustment, which results in finer control over your boost curve. They have the ability to have multiple programmed boost levels and programmable over boost protections. Manual boost controllers are cheaper and simpler in functionality and quicker to install and setup. However. they have less control over the boost curve.
- Does a high horsepower motor need a bigger wastegate?
- Not necessarily. When choosing a wastegate, there are many factors to consider, such as what capacity/hp the engine will be, what turbo size/the size of your AR turbine housing, and how efficient is your wastegate position knowing all of the above will help you choose the right wastegate.
- How can I measure whether my blow-off valve is tuned correctly?
- The blow-off valve should be tuned so that the spring is just first enough to keep the valve closed at idle. Try to minimise flutter if you can, but don’t stress too much if there’s a tiny bit.
- Where should I place my blow-off valve?
- A blow-off valve can be placed anywhere between the turbo compressor outlet and the throttle body. There is plenty of debate about whether before or after the intercooler is best; However in the end it comes down to where the valve fits best and where it’s easiest to access. Both positions will work well.
Head To GameOn Motorsports For The Best Range Of Turbosmart Parts
Since 2009, the GameOn Motorsports team has been stocking the broadest range of premium car parts and providing the best quality mechanical services to each of our customers. While we pride ourselves on our professionalism, our product knowledge, and our brilliant results; the thing that sets us apart is our genuine passion for cars. We started GameOn Motorsports as a hobby, and our commitment has seen it quickly grow into a leading workshop with a team of qualified tradespeople and excellent salespeople. When you come to GameOn Motorsports with a vehicle issue, we can guarantee we’ll help you tackle it as though it were our own. If you’re interested in checking out our range of Turbosmart parts, head to our website today or pop into the workshop for a chat.