Signs You Should Think About Replacing Your Brake Rotors
Everyone’s disc brakes are different, and each make and model of car has different brake rotors. While you can find the average lifespan of your car’s disc brakes in the manual, there are a few signs that it might be time to replace the discs sooner than you anticipated. The team at GameOn Motorsports are experts in high-performance vehicle maintenance, so we know better than anyone the importance of functioning disc brakes. That’s why we stock the very best brand of brake rotors available, Disc Brakes Australia (DBA). If you see the following signs, it’s time to book in to have your brakes checked by the professionals.
When Should You Replace Your Disc Brakes?
Broken, malfunctioning, or worn out disc brakes can be a severe risk to your safety, so you must keep an eye out for these signs.
- Marks or cracking. Regularly inspect your disc brakes to make sure there are no signs of cracks or visible damage.
- Pulsing or vibrating. If your steering wheel or brake pedal is pulsing or vibrating when using the brakes, this is a clear indication that the brake rotors have worn down and are potentially warped or out of round.
- Squealing or scraping noises. Occasionally, brakes squealing is normal, especially in the rain. However, if you hear regular scraping and squealing noises each time you apply the brakes, you need to get your disc brakes checked immediately.
- Erratic stopping. If your car jerks roughly to a stop, it’s a good indicator that the disc brakes need replacing.
- Sensors. Some newer cars will come equipped with light sensors to let you know when the brake pads and brake rotors need to be replaced.
Should You Change Disc Brakes and Brake Pads At The Same Time?
The rule of thumb is, when disc brakes need to be replaced, the brake pads probably do too. Both pads and discs are integral parts of your car, ensuring your safety and ability to brake. When you step on the brakes, the brake pads and discs come together, causing friction and heat energy, slowing the car down. As one part can not perform without the other, you must keep both in working order.
How Can You Extend The Life Of Your Brake Discs?
It’s only natural to want the longest-term solution for your car. After all, you don’t want to be going to the mechanic to have parts replaced too often. Here are a few tips to extending the life of your brake pads.
- Brake more gently. Rather than slamming the brakes at an intersection, coast to a complete stop gently. Learning to brake gently will extend the life of your brakes significantly.
- Invest in quality. The number one tip the team at GameOn Motorsports can suggest is investing in a high-quality brand. DBA has some of the best disc brakes in the country, making them a logical first choice. You can browse our range of DBA accessories online.
Why Choose DBA?
If you’re wondering what sets DBA apart from other brake rotor manufacturers, the team at GameOn Motorsports could think of a few reasons.
- They’re award-winning. DBA is one of Australia’s most awarded manufacturers and developers of brake rotors. Their commitment to redefining brake technology and pioneering in the automotive industry makes GameOn Motorsports proud to be a DBA parts supplier.
- They’re synonymous with safety. DBA takes driver safety very seriously, and they recognise the sheer importance of functional brakes. That’s why they are determined to manufacture the highest-quality brake pads and rotors for drivers internationally.
- No matter what you need, they’ll have it. Whether you race high-performance vehicles professionally or build and repair cars as a hobby, DBA will have brake rotors and pads perfect for your car.
Head To GameOn Motorsports For DBA Rotors
Since 2009, the GameOn Motorsports team has been stocking the broadest range of premium car parts and providing the best quality mechanical services to each of our customers. While we pride ourselves on our professionalism, our product knowledge, and our brilliant results; the thing that sets us apart is our genuine passion for cars. We started GameOn Motorsports as a hobby, and our commitment has seen it quickly grow into a leading workshop with a team of qualified tradespeople and excellent salespeople. When you come to GameOn Motorsports with a vehicle issue, we can guarantee we’ll help you tackle it as though it were our own. If you’re interested in checking out our range of DBA parts, head to our website today or pop into the workshop for a chat.